For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for good and not evil, to give you a future and a hope."
~ Jeremiah 29:11 ~

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Little Momma!

Has it really been two months since I last posted? Where does the time go? I always intend to get on here and share what is going on, and the wonderfully funny things that JJ and LT are doing and saying. But, somehow the times gets away with me and so then does my intentions. Oh well... something is always better than nothing. Or at least I like to think so.

Jentri has become quite a "little momma"! She received several babies for Christmas, and she has just now decided that they are worthy of her play time. So she had two or three of them out and sprawled all across the kitchen floor. One in particular has a little blanket that came with it and Velcros which makes it easier for her to wrap her baby up in. I was busy getting bags packed and doing a little last minute cleaning before the kids headed East to the Upchurch home for a few days of vacation. I wasn't paying much attention to what Jentri was doing, but I began to notice the repetition in her behavior, so I stopped to watch. Poor baby.... It became very clear to me what she was doing, she had seen and experienced. As the babies lay in the kitchen she would walk away from them and head to the family room, where she would immediately whip around and run back to them and point her little finger with determination at them and yelled NO NO! She gave them the stern look and turned and walked away only to repeat the entire process again. It was amusing, but made me reflect and think about what we are saying to her. That poor child must only her NO from us?

She is Miss Sassafras and keeps us on our toes laughing. She already has the attitude of a teen, which is none too funny although it is difficult at moments to keep from laughing. You don't expect such expressions to come from a one year old, but she has them nailed! If this is a sign of things to come we are in trouble.

2 comments:

Thomas Gang said...

So glad I found your blog. Not sure when you will see this message, but hopefully soon. Life is great for us. Still in Utah. You look like things are good for you. Love the pictures. Checkout our blog at thomasgangsix.blogspot.com Visit more soon.

Tony Xed said...

The happy family: Spouses Support is a blog that is interested in supporting and training spouses to raise their children in a proper way, and a guide towards a happy family by suggesting solutions to marriage problems and also considered a guide for women during pregnancy.

Landry Tate

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Jentri Jane

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker