For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for good and not evil, to give you a future and a hope."
~ Jeremiah 29:11 ~

Saturday, July 18, 2009

God is Faithful!

I know... I know... most of you know that. But, for some reason I feel a need to say it out loud. Most of you know that the past year has been a roller coaster ride for our family. Lots of highs and lots of lows! I have to honestly say that I never felt bad about things that happened to us, because I'm also a believer in "What goes around, comes around". Don't get me wrong, there were moments that I was frustrated and didn't understand some of the situations I was having to endure. I did a lot of "self talking" to remain positive, and for the most part I think I did. Quite honestly I hadn't really paid much attention to "EVERYTHING" that went wrong, but at the end of the year my principal sat me down and said... " I can't believe you are still smiling, you have been through the wringer." I guess so... but I never felt like I wasn't going to get through it. Needless to say we have moved back to our home in Little Elm, and as most of you know we were in the process of letting the house foreclose! It was too hard to keep two house going, and the medical bills continued to grow. We just weren't making it. When Brett decided he wanted to leave QC he looked all over, and somehow GOD led us back to our home. However, it was in foreclosure, and so I frantically began the process of trying to save it. What a process! There were moments that I was frustrated and at my wits end dealing with our mortgage company! But, God is Good! Yesterday I followed up with our mortgage company and they accepted our loan modification!!!! The poor lady on the other end of the phone didn't know what to do with me. All I could do was cry and say thank you! Of course my true praise is to Him! Even though we were in the house I was reluctant to really settle in. I didn't want to make it our home if we were going to have to leave it. Suffice to say... I have been eagerly unpacking and deciding where to hang things. Many of you prayed with us, for us and simply remember us! I thank you! We couldn't do with out our prayer warriors. I know I say this a lot... but I'm always amazed at how God shows us His faithfulness even when we aren't in a close relationship with Him. I'm a sinner and don't deserve His grace! But, man am I glad He loves me enough to shower me with it! We still have a long road ahead, but there is peace of mind!

5 comments:

The Christenson's said...

God is so good! I am so GLAD that your house is saved and that the process is over with. I know that was a lot for you to deal with over this last year and especially these last few months. Praise!!

Donna said...

Take a deep breath. You'll see how much easier it is to have that smile on your face. Love, love, love ya!

Heather said...

So glad that you are where you need to be. God leads us on some curvy roads, but it's for our own good.

Kelli said...

Wow...such an encouraging post! I teared up as I read...thanks for such transparency. What a challenge for all of us to walk in faith, trusting the Lord to be who He says he is! Thanks so much!

By the way...SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK!! Missed you tons!!

Christy said...

Kristy - You NEVER cease to inspire me. You are truly a gift from God. I love you!

Landry Tate

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Jentri Jane

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker