For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for good and not evil, to give you a future and a hope."
~ Jeremiah 29:11 ~

Monday, June 30, 2008

The "Last" Day

This is it... the "last" night before I go in to deliver Lil' Bit! I spent most of my "last" day wrapping up "last" minute details. I did manage to pamper myself. I went and had a manicure and pedicure. But, then it was down to business. The swing I ordered came in, I picked up my months supply of prenatals, and finished the laundry. I know... there will always be laundry to do, but at least what was dirty is clean for the time being. I colored my hair, I can't stand the gray just yet, and I knew there would be pictures, so no need in flashing those beauties. I packed my bag since I had everyone else packed.

Brett and Landry had a "last" day also. They took the car to get it inspected, oiled and cleaned. Then they spent the afternoon bowling, eating and playing games. It was a great way to spend some much needed time together. I decided bowling was out for me.

The rest of the after noon was spent relaxing and eating our "last" meal. My mom made her wonderful lasagna when she came a few weeks ago for the shower and managed to make extra for me. It is my favorite meal she makes. So, I managed to save one for tonight to enjoy before I get to eat those delicious meals at the hospital.

I then went to my friend Amy's house for a gathering of gals for a Southern Living Party. It was just another way for me to think about something besides tomorrow. I contained myself and purchased nothing! But, enjoyed visiting with the ladies and seeing what was new and on sale.

Finally, Brett and I took Landry to our second family's home... The Croy's. They will be keeping him at night so that Brett can be at the hospital to help me. We found out that the hospital I'm delivering in does a "leave in" nursery. Meaning the baby is pretty much in your room a majority of the time. With a C-Section I can't imagine spending nights by myself, KB & Lute said they would keep Landry so Brett could be at the hospital.

It has been an exciting day. Many people have called to check on me and let me know they were thinking about me as tomorrow nears. Or they have called to let me know they would be coming to visit us at the hospital. Either way we have been blessed by those who have remembered and showered us with their love. Obviously I won't be posting anything until I'm released on Friday... but expect to see more pictures than words.

No comments:

Landry Tate

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Jentri Jane

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker