For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for good and not evil, to give you a future and a hope."
~ Jeremiah 29:11 ~

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Last Sono




We have made it to 36 weeks! The Doc was happy with her progression and she looks good. The sonographer pointed out that she has lots of hair, and appears to be about 6lbs 4oz. The top picture is pointing to the hair, and then I just thought her profile was cute. I can't help but think she looks like Landry. His profile was similar. She was rather active and "practicing" breathing. Her mouth was moving as if to say "Hello world... here I come!" The realization that this baby will be here in almost two weeks just hit me. I'm ready... but am I really?
The count down begins.... I can't wait for her to be here. I feel pretty good, just a tight squeeze. People have asked why we didn't do the 3D pics, or why we won't tell what we are going to name her. I figure there needs to be something left for us to leave to the imagination. The name is a family secret, that Landry is in on, and is always excited to tell others... "It's a secret between my mom, dad, and me!" I think it gives him some ownership in our family. We find out the sex, and see the baby on sonograms, but it seems to add to the excitement about how she will exactly look.
Of course last night storms hit Kansas, Nebraska and Iowa. Tornados directly hit Manhattan. I haven't been sleeping well so when a text message from a friend came through, and I was still awake at midnight, I became obsessed with finding out what happened. So, as soon as I could call home this morning I did. Mom said they were fine, but the area just to the south of town and then K-State were in bad shape. Once she was able to get out and see the damage she was in awe. They were so blessed to have NO damage at all. There were 30-40 home absolutely demolished, and 20 million dollars in estimated damage to K-State. After I spoke with her my friend Lori, whose family also lives in Manhattan called to see if my family was OK and let me know hers was as well. It always makes you appreciate what you have when things like this happen.

No comments:

Landry Tate

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Jentri Jane

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker