For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for good and not evil, to give you a future and a hope."
~ Jeremiah 29:11 ~

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We're Off!!!

Today is our last day before the Thanksgiving holiday. Brett and Landry have had yesterday and today off, unfortunately Atlanta decided we needed to work two days this week. It seems like a waste. Most of our kids are absent because parents have decided to take them out for trips. Brett has been the stay at home "dad". I think that after a weekend with me gone and now two days of me at work Brett has seen the challenges of a working mom. I say working because whether you stay home and work or work and come home the challenges are still many. He picked my up from work yesterday and said... "The stay at home thing.... it's not for me. I can't get very much done with the two of them." It only proved to me that men can't multitask, and maybe gave him a greater appreciation of my weekends alone while he is up a the football office working. He has handled it like a trooper. That isn't to say that when I came home Sunday from the wedding trip the house was pristine, but it was still standing, and the kids seemed to be happy and dressed. They weren't matching as I would like, but they weren't naked either. So, this morning I had him doing those last minute things...haircuts, baths, gassing the car, and picking up some breakfast for me. School is out at 1:15 and I'm hoping to be on the road by 1:30! I'm not looking forward to the long trip, but I'm definitely looking forward to relaxing, and seeing family. We love west Texas and being "home". Our hope is that you have a great holiday too. I'm I will make the most of my time with "true" internet and unlimited searching. We will be praying for all of you and your holiday time!

No comments:

Landry Tate

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Jentri Jane

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker